This simple side dish is the ideal accompaniment to any of our Lamb recipes.
- Plenty of new potatoes (yellow varieties work best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave or 2 teaspoons dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Lightly oil a baking sheet
- Boil potatoes with skin on in salted boiling water until tender, approx. 15 mins, and drain well
- Put potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a fork carefully crush until flattened but still in one piece. Top with olive oil and thyme
- Put in oven and roast for approx. 20mins or until crisp and golden brown
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a Miller’s lamb joint