Peppercorn Sauce – a classic complimentary sauce perfect for our Scottish Steaks. Simple, quick and easy using only a handful of ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black peppercorns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tabelspoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of beef stock
- 125ml double cream
- Place the ground peppercorns in a bowl. Coat both sides of your Millers steaks with the peppercorns.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter and olive oil until the foam disperses.
- Add steaks and cook to your liking.
- Remove steaks from the pan and set aside.
- Using a whisk stir in the stock, scraping up the brown flavoury bits from the base of the pan. Whisk in the double cream and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Plate up steaks, pour over sauce and enjoy.