Looking for something a little special for a Valentines Dinner or just a nice romantic lockdown meal for two? This will knock your partners socks off…
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 50g Butter
- 160ml Chicken Stock
- 150ml Malbec
- Plenty of New Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (200°C fan)
- Fill a small saucepan with water add a little salt and bring to the boil.
- Add your potatoes and boil with the skin on until tender, approx. 15mins.
- Drain and put your potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Crush your potatoes with a fork but remain in one piece.
- Mix your garlic, olive oil and thyme together in a small bowl and drizzle over your potatoes. Season well.
- Roast for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- When the potatoes are in the oven, heat a large frying pan until very hot.
- Add the oil and heat for a minute or so.
- Sear your steaks on one side until they have a good crust. It’s important not to move your steaks around at this point.
- When you’ve got a good colour turn over. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes. (Remember to seal the edges too. You can use a pair of tongs to hold your stakes on their edge to get a good crust.)
- Once completely sealed, reduce the heat, and add the butter. (Don’t let the butter burn)
- Cook for another minute each side in the butter. (If you’re using a meat thermometer, we recommend aiming for a core temp of around 45°C for a medium-rare steak.)
- Once up to temperature remove your steaks from the pan onto a baking tray or plate and leave to rest in a warm place. Pour any liquid left in the pan over your steaks.
- Return pan to a high heat and add your wine. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your stock to the pan and reduce to a thick glaze. Stir regularly.
- Plate up your steaks, potatoes, and sauce with a side of seasonal veg, or some crisp rocket for extra bite!